An Invitation To Join Us In The Fight Of Our Lives
Sometimes I wonder what in the hell I'm doing trying to mobilize people and educate them about the things in our broken government that affect their lives more than they either realize or want to admit. The majority of Americans see the American Dream as a pipe dream. Instead of fixing a system we allowed to go off course we seem not to care. People would rather:
- Turn up instead of turn things around.
- Focus on reality TV as an escape instead of dealing with reality.
- Hustle to the detriment of their health and happiness instead of helping themselves by organizing.
- Pray for things to get better instead of trying to make them better.
- "Doing them" instead of doing right.
- Save a buck, instead of saving the environment.
- Blame the victims instead of blaming the cause.
- Listen to the lies they secretly (sometimes not so secretly) want to hear instead of considering the facts.
- Worry about haters instead what kind of world they're leaving their kids.
- Be spoon fed bullshit instead of thinking critically.
- Play in a rigged game instead of changing the rules.
- Give up instead of fight.
Sometimes I wish I could do the same, just say screw it and not care but I do and I can't bring myself not to. It's easy to give up, ignorance is bliss. That bliss comes at a cost, a cost that I will may or may not live to see but am not willing to leave future generations stuck with. Between the direction our economy is heading, the erosion civil rights, privacy and climate change ruining our country and the world what will your answer be when your kids/grandkids ask you, "How did y'all let this happen? "
If you fight for a better future you'll never have to answer that question with shame. Whether you fail or succeed, you can answer with pride that you did all you could. You can inspire them to keep fighting for the same thing you fought for; better.
There is hope. There is an opportunity. There is another choice than to rest your head in the blissful bussom of ignorance, apathy and dispair. There is the option to fight for what you believe in and to do so with all the moral convictions that you truly hold dear. To meet that which is immoral and unjust with morality and justice and possibly come out a winner.
It won't be easy, it won't be quick but win, lose or draw it will bring you the peace that standing on the sidelines will not. Most importantly you cannot do it alone, it will take thousands, if not millions. So share this with everyone you know and give them the same opportunity that I give you, to fight and to fight hard for the future of the American Dream and the opportunities that we all long to have; the opportunity for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.